May 1, 2019
- TODAY is an Early Release at 12:50 p.m. The Bell Schedule is as follows:
- Student Council speeches and election will be held TOMORROW at 12:00 p.m. with voting to continue during lunch. Everyone running for a position needs to meet in Hinders’ room at the beginning of lunch for just a few minutes. The candidates currently running for office are: President – Tegan Retzer; Vice President – Maddy Moore; Secretary – Lindy Guernsey and Max Pfeiffenberger; Treasurer – Kylie Mullaly, Akilena Veach, and Justin McMurray; Activities Director (X2) – Wren Dougherty, Connor Spanos and Anevay Ambrosiani.
- There will be an Upward Bound meeting TODAY during lunch in Mr. Reising’s room. Lunch will be provided.
- TODAY is May Day! Surprise you family or friends with fresh flowers from the greenhouse. Stop by the greenhouse to purchase your marigolds for $10/each or 3 for $20.
- SHS Today has a bunch of new articles, and if you haven’t seen Josh’s latest installment of his travel comic entitled “Distant Nerd,” you definitely need to give it a look! Also, anyone interested in joining the journalism team next year, please see Ms. Swander to sign up for the class. SHSToday.org—your school news source!
- Prom is THIS SATURDAY, May 4th! The theme is ‘Life’s a Fanta-Sea’ and will be held at the Avtec Culinary Center from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Admissions are $15 for singles and $25 for couples. TODAY is the last day to turn in your Guest Pass Application!
SPORTS THIS WEEK:
Friday, May 3
Girls Varsity Soccer vs. Nikiski @ 4:00 p.m. (away)
Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Nikiski @ 6:00 p.m. (away)
Track @ SoHi
Saturday, May 4
Track @ Kenai
To access our online sport’s calendar, visit: