February 25, 2019
- Congratulations Seward artists, you excelled at the NOSB Art Show!
Clarence Longan won 1st place for his Mixed Media work of art, Water.
Hailey Anderson took 3rd place for her Drawing of Manta Rays.
Tommy Cronin received an Honorable Mention for his pastel drawing of an Orange Octopus.
Lydia Jacoby won 1st place for her Collage, Sea of Words.
And finally, Megan Mullaly took 1st place in Ceramics for Jerome the Sea Turtle.
I am so proud of all of you, you continue to amaze and impress me. Artwork will be on display this week near the art room; Jerome may be viewed in the Office.
- Congratulations to Priscilla Stoltz, Alysa Kurtz, Naomi Ifflander, and Kyrsten Johnson-Grey, a.k.a. the Seward Sea Star Fish, who competed in the National Ocean Science Bowl this past weekend. The Sea Star Fish took 5th place in the oral presentation and are now much more knowledgeable in everything ocean related, including Rachel Carson’s work on synthetic pesticides and ocean observing platforms.
- Great job at State Skiing this weekend!
Sadie: 6th in skate, 9th in classic
Cody: 10th in skate
Clay: 5th in classic
- Sources of Strength will meet on WEDNESDAY at 11:50 a.m.
- Nurse Yoly is teaching a CPR class for students only on April 3rd from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The CPR certification will be good for two years and will cover infant, child and adult CPR. The cost for the course is $14.00. Find Yoly if you are interested!
SPORTS THIS WEEK:
Friday, March 1
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. Grace (away) @ 6:00 p.m.
Boys Basketball vs. Grace (away) (JV, V @ 4:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, March 2
Girls Basketball vs. ACS (away) (JV, V @ 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
Boys Basketball vs. Grace (away) (JV, V @ 1:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.)
To access our online sport’s calendar, visit: