Letter to Parents

January 22, 2014

Dear Parents,

I am writing this letter with great sadness to inform you that one of our students passed away last evening.  Our thoughts and sympathies go out to his family and friends.

All of the students were given the news of the death of their classmate this morning by their homeroom teacher.  I have included a copy of the announcement that was read to them.  Members of our crisis team, Seaview Community Services, The Seward Minister’s Association, and District counselors met with students individually and in groups today and will be available over the next days and weeks to help them cope with the death of their peer.

Information about the memorial services will be given to the students once it has been made available to us.  Students will be released to attend services with parental permission.

Seaview Community Services has provided the following crisis intervention number for those students and parents needing access to resources and support outside of our school day.  Their hotline is 224-   3027.  Please also contact the school directly if you feel your child is in need of additional assistance.

Finally, my office, phone, and email are always open to parents, students, and our larger school community.  Please do not hesitate to call me at my direct line 224-9077 or email at twalker@kpbsd.k12.ak.us.

Sincerely,

Trevan Walker, Principal

January 22, 2014

Dear Parents,

Sincerely,

Trevan Walker, Principal

This entry was posted in School News. Bookmark the permalink.